The Center for Metal Arts is seeking a qualified Office Manager to join our team.
CMA is a nonprofit educational facility teaching technique-based, hands-on workshops in forging and metalsmithing. Our mission is to provide the best possible educational forging program, in a well equipped and safe environment deeply rooted in the traditions and history of this craft, reaching, and serving the broadest possible audience of artists, craftspeople and students in the U.S. and abroad. Core to this mission is the preservation through use of the historic Cambria Iron Company facilities in Johnstown Pennsylvania. We are seeking an Office Manager to join our team.
The Office Manager is an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented professional. This position will report directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties as needed. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has excellent written and communication skills, demonstrates accuracy and efficiency in office work and has strong administrative, organizational and customer service skills.
- Two years prior experience working in office administration
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, WordPress, PayPal recommended
- Friendly and professional demeanor
Physical And Mental Requirements:
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and analyze growth opportunities
- Ability to be resourceful and flexible
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to communicate in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audiences
- Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
- Workshops - Enrollment of students, Ordering Materials, Communicating with students and instructors, Advertising when necessary, Advising on status of workshops (Cancellation/Postpone), Workshop Papers (Release, Contracts, Tax)
- CMA House (Student Housing) - Manage CMA House, Assign rooms, Order consumables, Schedule cleaning, maintenance, and laundry, Advise on recommendations for the house, Small maintenance, Airbnb/other rentals
- Financials - Pay/record bills, Reconcile accounts, General bookkeeping, Create budgets and other financial statements, Advise on financials/budgets, Quickbooks, Payroll with Barnes Saly, Manage bank accounts
- Product/Sales - Record all sales, Keep track of sales in progress, Mail all orders, Create invoices, Communicate with customers
- Events - Schedule tours, Assist in planning/logistics for larger events (Tour Series, Conference), Sponsors, Ticketing/Registration, Volunteers
- Marketing - Create promotional materials, Facilitate production of promotional materials
- Website - Manage websites, create products, add and remove workshops, change images
- Contributions/Grants - Record all contributions, Communicate with donors, Assist in contribution campaigns, Send donation/ thank you letters, Assist is grant writing, Manage grants, Create final reports, Communicate with foundations, Research grants
- General Office - Answer phone, Respond to all emails, Greet visitors, Scheduling meetings, Record all events in shared calendar, Create any desired forms, Order consumables, Organize & keep copies of most documents/receipts, Welcoming visitors, Arranging maintenance for buildings
- Applications - Manage applications (Intern, Scholarship, etc), Communicate with applicants, Keep track of scholarship funds
- Non-Profit/Board - Ensure non-profit status, Assist in filing any necessary financials/documents, Create sales-tax exempt accounts at frequent retailers, Create board meeting materials, communicate with board members, Work directly with the board President
- Development - Assisting where possible/when asked with development with Pittsburgh Gateways